New Oct2012 Feature Release of MonetDB Suite
The MonetDB team at CWI/MonetDB BV is pleased to announce the Oct2012 feature release of the MonetDB suite of programs.
More information about MonetDB can be found on our website.
For details on this release, please see the release notes.
As usual, the download location.
Due to a packaging problem on Debian and Ubuntu, no binary packages for these systems exist. We apologise for the inconvenience. We expect this problem to be resolved by the Oct2012-SP1 release.
Oct 2012 feature release
- * Removed --enable-noexpand configure option.
- * Fixed problem with PreparedStatements and setXXX() methods using column numbers instead of names, bug #3158.
- * Mclient now accepts URIs as database to connect to.
- * All strings returned by python2 are unicode, removed use_unicode option.
- * Python2 and 3 type convertion speed improvements.
- * Python2 uses new style objects now (bug #3104).
- * Split python2 and python3.
- * Removed module attach since it wasn't used or even tested.
- * The MAL-to-C Compiler (mcc) was removed. The code wasn't tested and most likely non-functional.
- * Fixed problem where monetdbd would refuse to startup when discovery was set to false, bug #3155.
- * Removed the gdk_embedded (and embedded) option. The code wasn't tested and most likely non-functional.
- * BAT-of-BATs is no longer allowed. It was already not allowed to make these types of BATs persistent, but now they can't be created at all anymore.
- * 3084: Timestamp arithmetic very slow (especially on Windows).
- * 3125: Python tests fail after recent Python API changes.
- * 3155: Provide an option for setting discovery to false.