MonetDB Announcement: New Jul2012 Feature Release of MonetDB Suite
More information about MonetDB can be found on our website.
For details on this release, please see the release notes.
As usual, the download location.
Jul 2012 feature release
- Created seperate RPM and DEB packages for MonetDB/JAQL.
- Removed --enable-bits option from configure.
- Split the MonetDB-client-ruby RPM package into two and named them in accordance with the Fedora packaging guidelines as rubygem-<gem-name>.
- COPY INTO now accepts optional parenthesis for file argument. Binary COPY INTO now requires 'COPY BINARY INTO'.
- ODBC: Fixed a bug where SQLNativeSql expected a statement handle instead of a connection handle.
- Crackers code has been removed. Development continues in the holindex branch.
- Fixed misc memory leaks, which caused monetdbd to grow in memory size over time.
- Removed erroneously (re-)added master and slave properties, this functionality is currently not working.
- Fixed intermittent problem that joins and selects return incorrect results and possibly inconsistent databases. The problems only occurred after a series of queries and updates, therefore it was hard to reproduce.
- The sorted property, which was used to maintain whether a column in a BAT was sorted or reverse sorted, has been replaced by a pair of properties, sorted and revsorted. These new properties can be set independently (unlike the old sorted property), and so if both are set, the column must be constant. In addition, internal property checking has been overhauled. Now, when a property is set incorrectly, and when assertions are enabled, an assertion will go off. There is also a function which can derive properties.
- Implemented proper overflow checking on all arithmetic operations.
- 3016: Overflowing double multiplication leads to incorrect result
- 3091: Since Apr2012-SP1 !TypeException:user.s11_1:'bat.reverse' undefined in: _89:any := bat.reverse(_86:wrd)
- 3099: ambiguous attributes in query with WITH clause and EXISTS clause
- 3100: charset problem with the odbc driver for windows
- 3103: display_size and internal_size of Cursor.description or incorrect
- 3105: Leaking using Python
- 3109: Wrong order in autoload mal script causes warning on startup
- 3111: memory leak, monetdb set/get command
- 3112: Median over temporal domains
- 3113: Cannot set value of indexed column when doing UPDATE
- 3114: Foreign Key problems
- 3116: Segfault in SQL