PlanetData Roadmapping Workshop with Experts
10, rue Robert Stumper
In cooperation with the Unit E2: Technologies for Information Management, Luxembourg, PlanetData runs a strategic meeting to plan the 2nd Call of the PlanetData Program.
The objective of the meeting is to identify important issues to be addressed by the 2nd PlanetData program call in order to make the provisioning and usage of open data a success, both from a business as well as from a technical point of view. In addition, we also invite selected speakers to present their ideas on future calls of the Unit E2: Technologies for Information Management, Luxembourg in Framework VII and potential long term goals for Horizon 2020 that will be the continuation of Framework VII in the Future.
The overall goal of the workshop is to contribute to shaping the vision of large scale data management.
10:00 - 10:30 Welcome, Introduction of Participants, Objectives: Rudi Studer, KIT, Germany + Márta Nagy-Rothengass, EC, or Khalil Rouhana, EC
- Planet Data in a Nut shell, Rudi Studer, KIT
10:30 - 12:00 Presentations and Discussions
- Big Data: alignment of Supply and Demand, Nuria De-Lama Sanchez, ATOS
- Perspectives for Open Data and large data analytics, Georg Hackenbroich, SAP
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 14:30 Presentations and Discussions
- Linked Open Data and RDF Stores meet Search Based Applications, Christoph Goller, Intrafind Software
- Opinion Analytics: a virtuous circle for business and society, Hugo Zaragoza, Websays
- Big Data Requirements for Environmental Sensing, Joachim Schaper, AGT
14:30 - 15:00 Coffee
15:00 - 16:00 Wrap-up, Summary: Elena Simperl, KIT, Germany, and Dieter Fensel, STI Innsbruck, Austria
More info in the Wiki