Copenhagen Business School (CBS), Copenhagen, Denmark
Get your hands on Big Data management technology developed by PlanetData by participating at the EDF2012 Hackaton!
- Scope: 30 to 50 participants
- Focus: "Integrating Linked Open Data into Business Content Management"
- Audience: Senior Developers, Software Architects looking for ways in which to make use of web-based data resources and linking them into their customer business solutions.
Take home items for people who are not afraid of open source code:
One or more software components that leverage Linked Data for your organisation, either:
- leveraging LD-capabilities for technology providers or
- leveraging LD-enabled platforms for end user organisations
Talk to the PlanetData developers:
Integrating geospatial data using on-demand querying and linked services
PlanetData aims to establish an interdisciplinary, sustainable European community of researchers, helping organizations to expose their data on the Web in a useful way.
- Visualisation via Spark
- Datasets based on the NeoGeo Vocabulary: http://gadm.geovocab.org/, http://nuts.geovocab.org/
- map4rdf, a tool for visualizing RDF resources with geometrical information
- geometry2rdf, a library for generating RDF files for geometrical information
- morph, and R2RML implementation for transforming relational databases to RDF
- olap4ld: we show how to transform statistical data into RDF and how to consume it using Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
Please visit this link for more info about EDF Hackaton!
The EDF Hackaton is supported and organized by PlanetData NoE project.
It's going to be a HACKATHON, so we will show senior developers from SMEs how to make use of the software, and what they need to integrate Linked Open Data offerings into their systems. So do bring your system to the party!